Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

Current Project, 44 magnum!

Needed to stock up on some more 44 magnum ammo. Only had a couple of boxes left. Rather than producing more of my normal/modest loads of Unique and a 250 gr cast bullet, I decided to use up some old components and make some full power jacketed bullet loads:
    Check out the $11 price tag on the old W296 powder! I've had that can of powder a long time.

Am using some of the 600 Speer jacketed bullets I bought a while back from an old friend who isn't loading the 44 anymore. These are 240 grain soft points. I wish all the bullets I got from him were the same, but they're a mix of 200 & 240 gr bullets, hollow point and soft. All of them old Speer bullets.

They'll be getting used in my 5" 629:

I do enjoy the 44 mag. Have been loading and shooting that cartridge for over 30 years!
    Guy

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post
    Needed to stock up on some more 44 magnum ammo. Only had a couple of boxes left. Rather than producing more of my normal/modest loads of Unique and a 250 gr cast bullet, I decided to use up some old components and make some full power jacketed bullet loads:
    Check out the $11 price tag on the old W296 powder! I've had that can of powder a long time.

Am using some of the 600 Speer jacketed bullets I bought a while back from an old friend who isn't loading the 44 anymore. These are 240 grain soft points. I wish all the bullets I got from him were the same, but they're a mix of 200 & 240 gr bullets, hollow point and soft. All of them old Speer bullets.

I do enjoy the 44 mag. Have been loading and shooting that cartridge for over 30 years!
    Guy
    Cool! Beautiful revolver! [emoji7]

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Title
    I really enjoy loading real deal magnum loads for my Model 66 [emoji16]
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy View Post

Guy

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I love the 44 magnum also. I load for a super Blackhawk, a red hawk, and a 94 Winchester. My norm is unique with a 240gr cast or plated bullet. My heavy duty loads are w296 with 240gr xtp for the revolvers, and w296 with 300gr xtp for the levergun. That can of 296 is an antique! I’ve got some powders and bullets that are old like that, I almost hate to use them, but I do.

JTD

Title
    Premium Member
    Good looking gun and rounds. I love loading for 44 as well, actually I like loading for any of the big bore pistol cartridges.